We are delighted to announce the winners of the short play competition:
The Contract by Sayan Kent
A Million Things by Tracy Harris
Taking Care of the Kids by Jo Gerrard and David Weir
I Warn You Not To Be Ordinary by Trelawney Kerrigan
We received an incredible 117 submissions for the competition – thanks to the readers Kerry Murdock, Helen Kelly, Claire Bennett and Keith R Lindsay for their help in making some very tough decisions.
The winning plays were performed as rehearsed readings on Saturday 27th November at 7.30pm
In the light of the Coalition’s spending review, it’s time to ask: what’s your take on Cameron’s “Big Society”? Have you been affected by any of the issues raised?
During the recent Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham, David Cameron expanded on his proposal for a “Big Society” and invited Britons to do their bit for their country. So in the true spirit of coalition and collaboration, Capital is inviting writers to submit a short play (no longer than 10-15 minutes) on the subject of Big Society. The winning plays will be performed as a rehearsed reading as part of the Festival on Saturday 27th November 2010.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be submitted by email to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 12th November 2010.
- Please include the following attachments:
Your play (no longer than 10-15 minutes in length)
A cover sheet with your name, contact details and a short biography
- Please make sure that pages are numbered
- Plays must be for a cast of no more than 5 (3 male, 2 female)
- Applicants will be notified by Friday 19th November 2010
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.